Monday, October 31, 2011

Early snow


     I wanted to share some more of the photos I took on Friday morning of the early snow fall.  It seems
a little beside the point now, especially since so much of the north east is still without power from Saturday's freak snow storm, but the scene was so beautiful I thought a post would still be appropriate.

I headed out the door about 7:30, just after Jill left for school.  The sun hadn't quite yet made it above the mountains.
The sun finally emerges.



Looking south.

The south end of the barn, from the trail.


The back side of our house.



The heavy snow on the wet leaves made for lots of downed branches.


The mountains of NY in the morning sunlight.
As the sun rose higher, everything slowly started melting.  I headed back
to the farm to the slow drip drip of melting snow.

Darby refused to emerge from beneath the rhododendrons.  He does not like snow.

Finally I coaxed him to sit for a family portrait with Paul and Pipkin.  Paul loves snow. Pipkin does not like anything.

A vist with Tartine, Liesel and Rosy who were happily munching their breakfast.

The guineas were very bewildered by the snow and complained loudly,
looking like ill tempered old crones waiting for a bus.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

so very beautiful... almost makes me look forward to winter here,... almost:) Your photographs are incredible. Seeing Paul & Darby again... I miss seeing them almost as much as I miss my weekly visit with you guys!

Post a Comment