Wednesday, July 18, 2012

New farm sign

The past several weeks have been a whirlwind of activity.  In addition to the normal every day stuff of dairy farm life, I've been working away at a new sign for the side of the barn.  I had a vision of how I wanted it to look:  it had to be visible from the road; we wanted to pay homage to the original wayward goose, Oscar; and I wanted it to have the look and feel of a vintage French cheese label.  After many prototypes, I came up with a design that we all were happy with:

Not only does Oscar make an appearance,
Heather has a starring role as well!



Golden acrylic paints on an 8' x 8' treated support, finished with a custom made Golden varnish will
complete the finished piece which will be affixed to the north side of the barn, adjacent to the milk room door.  Here is a look at the beginning:

An overhead projector borrowed from Beth at the 
Pawlet library came in handy for transferring the design
onto the sign board.  


The sign is now complete and I put the last coat of varnish on yesterday afternoon.
Stay tuned for its unveiling once it's been installed in its new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment