Thursday, August 2, 2012

The sign is up!

As promised, a post about the new farm sign.  We actually hung it a few weeks ago and I'm just now
getting around to writing about it.  Summer on a farm is non stop busy-ness.

The skid steer worked great for reaching those high spots!

Lots of pointing and cogitating took place.

Here it is, all shiny and new!  Heather looks smashing with her
daisy and sunflower wreath and Oscar is in all
his bindle stick toting glory!

It was a challenge working on something so big, especially since acrylic paints are something I
usually don't get along with.  Once I stopped trying to use them like watercolors and figured out 
that I needed to use their fast drying time to my advantage, things went along smoothly in the end.

Now we just need to paint the rest of the barn!

No comments:

Post a Comment